Compounding is the Art and Science of Creating Personalized Medications
Pharmacy compounding is the art and science of preparing personalized medications for patients. Compounded medications are made based on a practitioners prescription in which individual ingredients are mixed together in the exact strength and dosage form required by the patient. This allows the compounding pharmacist to work with the patient and the prescriber to customize a medication to meet the patient’s specific needs.
New standards implemented by the Ontario College of Pharmacy have set the bar for compounding pharmacies very high. These strict set of guidelines serve to protect our patients and ensure the finished products are safe, accurate and effective. Only certain pharmacies with proper equipment, education and training will meet these new standards. This ensures you will receive quality products formulated with the utmost care.
Meet the Pharmacy Team
Sue Kotevski, our compounding guru with over 20 years of experience working on a prescription in our Compounding Lab!
Scented Hand Sanitizer
During the COVID-19 pandemic while supplies are scarce, our compounding team is busy producing our own in-house hand sanitizer to kill the virus!
Meet One of Our Satisfied Patients!
We were able to compound the correct antibiotic dose to help this cutie recover from a urinary tract infection.
Tonsillectomy Causing Pain?
Ask your physician for a prescription for these fabulous anesthetic lollipops to help your child recover with minimal pain and discomfort
Specialty Areas of Compounding
- Dermatology – unique medications to care for your unique skin.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men and Women – starting to feel.. Different? Tired? Let our compounding team help you find the perfect hormone replacement medication.
- Thyroid / Adrenal Dysfunction – adverse reactions from your current medication? Contact our compounding team to discover customized medication options!
- Pain Management – everyone tolerates pain differently, pain medications are not “one-size-fits-all!”
- Veterinary – just like humans, our beloved fur babies also require unique medications to fit their needs. We work with your Vet to create the best possible prescriptions for your pets!
- Erectile Dysfunction – it’s not worth losing sleep over! Contact our compounding team today to discover a customized cure for erectile dysfunction.
- Allergen / Sensitivities – allergic to a certain ingredient? Can’t digest gluten? We’ve got a prescription solution for you!
- Paediatrics – sometimes children are the most fussy of us all! Let’s discover a custom medication solution that will agree with your children!
- Infertility – infertility occurs for different reasons in every couple, we’ll work with your Fertility Doctor to create the perfect medication.. For him, or her.
- Flavouring Children’s Medication – we carry a variety of flavours to make medication administration easy for children of all ages!
The Above Medications Can Be Prescribed in a Wide Array of Forms:
Compounding allows you to design your prescription in a form that will fit your needs optimally. Many of our specialty medications are available in the following forms:
- Capsules – regular and extended release capsules.
- Lollipops – a great option for children. They look like candy, and taste like it too!
- Liquids – not everyone can swallow capsules, perhaps a liquid is easier to stomach!
- Troches / Lozenges – great for on the go!
- Creams / Ointments – consider ointments for a simple topical solution. Great for skin care options!
- Suppository – for such a sensitive area, it’s important you have a sensitive medication fit for your body’s needs.
- Transdermal Patches – great options for prescriptions like nicotine addiction relief, birth control, and more!
- Popsicles – another great option for children! Or adults following an oral operation!
- Enemas – make the best of an uncomfortable situation with an enema fit for your body’s needs.
- Powders – mix medications with your favourite drinks & juices for a delicious prescription option!
- Mouthwashes & Rinses – another excellent option for prescription needs following an oral operation or surgery.
- Time My Meds – tired of making a trip to the pharmacy every other week? Have us sync your medications and make refills seamless and easy
- EZ-Med-Pack – simplify taking your medications, refill process and waiting for prescriptions with our EZ-Med-Pack
- Personalized Vitamin Pack – book an appointment to review what vitamins and supplements can help optimize your health.
- Compression Therapy – our certified fitter will help you choose the right fit for your leg health.
- Home Health Care – we carry an array of over the counter products to fit your home health care needs.
- Wound Care – we carry specialty wound dressings and can assist you with optimal healing methods.
- Diabetic Consultation – book an appointment today to optimize your diabetic care.
- Specialty Testing – Saliva Hormones, Food Sensitivities, Urine Thyroid Assessment, Growth Hormone, Fatty Acid Profile, D-Spot, Iodine Plus, Genetic Testing.